Contemporary continuation of medieval tradition with ornate enamel gallery
On January 2, 2001, one of the oldest districts of Tbilisi, Erekle II Street, opened the Gallery of Modern Ornament Enamel. It is still the only specialized institution of enamel art and serves the restoration and development of Georgian enamel tradition and its integration into world culture.
We are passionate about enameled art, its design and style, emphasizing originality, personal expression and good quality.
Our goal is to provide users and collectors with high-quality service and information. Gallery "Ornament" is an artist who has mastered all the nuances of technical drawing, expanded themes, diversified enamel artistic expression.
Artists, which represents our individuality gallery stands out as a versatile artist tematikit.zogierti centuries our communities and interpreted by modern shape, avoids some of the traditions of the post-modern expression in favor of the middle-ages art kartul_berdznuli copies of them or even variations in the sun shaobs.
Personal Exhibitions Organized by the Gallery Abroad:
- 2016 - Gallery "Meno niche", Vilnius, Lithuania
- 2015 - Gallery "Meno niche", Vilnius, Lithuania
- 2013 - Gallery "Meno niche", Vilnius, Lithuania
- 2012 - Gallery "Meno niche", Vilnius, Lithuania 7 public master classes (master classes were led by Artistic Director of Gallery "Ornament" Thea Gurgenidze)
- 2009 - Christensen Heller Gallery Gallery, Auckland, CA, USA
- 2009 - San Francisco, Auckland, USA The Biennial of the 21st Century Enlightenment Art Biennale organized by the World Enchanted Minerals Guild and the 5th International Master Classes at the Biennale of the 21st Century Enlightenment Art Biennale. (The master classes were led by Thea Gurgenidze, artistic director of Gallery "Ornament"). At the International Enamelists' Conference - two 50 minute presentations where the public got acquainted with the ancient traditions and peculiarities of not only modern but also Georgian cloisonne enamel (Khatuna Babunashvili, Director of Gallery Ornament)
- 2008 - Gallery "Meno niche", Vilnius, Lithuania
- 2008 - Gallery of Art Space Gallery, London, UK
- 2007 - Gallery "Meno niche", Vilnius, Lithuania
- 2007 - Limoges Exhibition Hall, Limoges, France Master Class on Cloisonne Enamel Technology (Head of Master Classes - Art Director of Gallery "Ornament", Tea Gurgenidze)
- 2005 - World Enamel Art Biennale Barcelona, Spain Exhibition - Competition, Grand Prix
- 2002 - Exhibition dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the British Queen's enthronement by the Embassy of England: (Necklace for the Queen by 4 authors)
- 2001 - Exhibition Hall "CDC" Moscow, Russia
Since 2001, the gallery has compiled and published 7 specialized booklets to promote Georgian contemporary cloisonne enamel, presenting the work of leading painters in Georgia - the paintings of enamelists.